Job Position: Social Media Specialist
Job ID: 35086AH- C(A35)
Company Background: Education Center
Salary Range: Basic MYR2,500 – MYR3,800
Working Hours: Monday -Friday 9am to 6pm
Location: Bayan Lepas, Penang
· Responsible for the creation of content for the company's new media accounts, including ideation and scripting for marketing content and videos, as well as post-production shooting, editing, and final video output (using mobile app-based editing tools).
· In charge of planning and writing content for short videos on the company's new media accounts. This involves guiding the direction of topics, ensuring the quality and standards of the content, and efficiently producing trending video content related to the industry to increase user engagement and retention.
· Monitor the traffic and viewership of new posts, ensuring timely responses and improvements to traffic metrics.
· Engage closely with followers through social channels to ensure timely response to messages.
· Stay well-versed in market trends, exhibit high sensitivity to societal hot topics, and be capable of independently planning project marketing and controlling the pace of communication.
· Possess a diploma or higher education degree, preferably in Journalism or Marketing.
· Prior experience of at least one year in new media operations (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, TikTok, Xiao Hong Shu, etc.) is a plus.
· Preferred experience in business studies, management, or relevant corporate work.
· Strong writing skills and sensitivity to language.
· Demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility, effective communication, willingness to accept feedback, and high level of execution.
· Capable of working independently while maintaining teamwork spirit, demonstrating diligence, responsibility, and resilience under pressure.
· Proficiency in both written CN or EN is necessary. Familiarity with technology and online marketing tools is required.
· Experience in marketing agency, e-commerce, affiliate marketing, or direct sales would be an additional advantage.